Sunday, June 2, 2013

Vacation rundown

So I spent the last few days in Reno, NV visiting my mom, sisters and my best friend. It was a great few days to get away and see people I dont normally get to see. On the way there we hit horrible traffic.

 photo 2b42c311-75e2-4cb7-8f52-132bc4bbfabd_zps3c07727c.jpg
This is us sitting in stop and go traffic(for an hour straight).

 photo 9c703ec2-ce71-4e96-b1e9-6c60a98c8408_zpsb22f77fa.jpg
This is my husband driving and being a good sport about said traffic.

I spent Friday with my mom and helping my youngest sister clean out her closest. It was nice getting to help my mom get ready for my second youngest sisters graduation from High School especially since I wont be able to make it to her graduation because of work. So I am cooking dinner, which mostly means I am making a salad while my husband mans the BBQ (he is excellent at BBQ, seriously the best ever) when my fourth youngest sister comes bursting through the front door and says "look what I just did". I look up from the salad and she is holding this:

 photo 4f209aad-8f0d-4ba5-b5aa-c45ca426ed14_zpscf474aaa.jpg
She busted her new phone on the way in the door, all I could say was "at least the phone isn't broken its just the screen" trying to find the bright side here.

Saturday I got to spend with my best friend and her boyfriend at Tahoe. We had lunch at this amazing restaurant called Fire & Ice, if you ever get the opportunity you have to try it. That afternoon we hung out at the beach sunbathing while the boys explored the beach and took turns trying to drag us into the water.

 photo c13069f9-46f4-4d7b-bd68-410e0980f81f_zps1c8d6254.jpg
This picture was taken early in the day before the sun turned us into a "hot mess."

We finished up the day by having an awesome dinner in downtown Reno and playing pool where on my last shot to sink our final ball before the eight ball I sank my ball and the eight ball at the same time which was an impressive shot for me except for the fact that we technically lost because of it.

We headed home early this morning, we had to leave by 7:00 a.m. to make home in time for church. Which I am really glad we did because our church started a new series for the sermons this week and it was really interesting. They talked about some things that I had been learning in one of the most recent books I've been reading called "The Case for Christ". It was nice to hear the information presented in a different way. So now were just getting ready for the week ahead, I go back to work this week from vacation. Im just glad school hasn't started back up quite yet, I have a couple more weeks off before that.





No comments:

Post a Comment