Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Meeting Sarah Dessen

So for those of you who don't know the person I wanted to meet most in this world was Sarah Dessen. This past Monday I got the opportunity to meet her and get my books signed which was one of the best days of my life. I am a complete book worm and most of the people on my list to meet are authors not actors/singers and Sarah Dessen was at the top. Not just because she wrote a great book but because she wrote 12! If you haven't read any of her books, you should definitely read one. I suggest starting with "The Truth About Forever" an awesome read about a girl who starts to find herself the summer before her senior year but as a result by changing herself she is changing her mom and her mom can't handle it.

 photo ea3f2371-2ee4-4831-975b-e5bf1d52bd09_zps514224cb.jpg

That was me meeting my idol, and yes all those books on the table are mine and she signed all of them. She was so incredibly nice and I felt so bad, because I had all of her books plus one for a friend and the first thing I did was say "I'm so sorry I have so many books to sign" and she just said "oh no, dont be sorry I remember going to my first signings and the only person who would show up was my mom. I am so appreciative of everyone who comes out to these events, I will sign anything you want me to sign." She was just amazing, so nice and answered our questions so thoroughly. It was so great, if you ever get the opportunity to go to one of her book signings don't miss out.

1 comment:

  1. I have read several of Sarah Dessen's books. I love her. What a great opportunity! :)

    -Haylee @ jetsandabrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete