Sunday, August 11, 2013

The first year of marriage

So this past weekend my husband and I celebrated our one year anniversary. We spent the time hiking and just staying away from distractions. Our first year of marriage has been filled with the distractions of work, school, family and unfortunately a tragedy that affects us both to this day. It was a tumultuous year where we both felt that we did not get enough time together. However, given all this we never once questioned our decision to get married or felt unhappy with each other. We recognized that outside circumstances would always be there but it was how we faced them together that would define us as a couple. After everything this past year has brought on, I can say that I am so glad that I had my husband by my side to help me through it. We talked about all the obstacles we had to go through before we met each other, how all those things brought us to the right moment in time to meet each other. If either of our paths had changed marginally we never would have even met. I thank god every day for bringing me to my husband. It is hard to understand when people talk about how god sees the bigger picture and that you may not understand why you are going through the trials in your life but to trust that god is leading you to where you are supposed to be. I did not see all this until I realized everything that I went through led me directly to Thomas. He is the best thing that ever happened to me and our wedding day is the best day of my life. Looking forward to the years ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment